Job Title: Data Cabling Engineer
Based: London & Surrounding Areas
Salary: £22,500 - £30,500 + Overtime
Benefits: Company Phone
Paid Travel Expenses
Due to the continued growth of contracts with clients such as Retail, Education, Commercial and Government an opportunity has arisen for an experienced data cabling engineer to join a knowledgeable and friendly engineering team. The appointed engineer will be responsible for all aspects of structured data cabling installations and associated services. Must be fully conversant with industry standards of all aspects of data cabling installation. Must be fully conversant with testing of installations. Must be able to support where required, fault finding and fixing in the event of test failures. Ability to read drawings and understand job packs issued detailing works to be undertaken.
- On site installation, testing and termination of CAT 5e, 6 & 6a copper cabling, fibre & associated containment.
No job description can be entirely comprehensive, and the jobholder will be expected to adapt and carry out such other duties as may be required from time to time, on the understanding that they will be within the individual’s remit and capability, and consistent with the status and responsibilities of the role within the business.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3 years of data cabling experience
- Ability to read architectural drawings
- Experience with the installation of CAT 5e, 6 and 6a and fibre
- Understanding of Integrated Reception System (IRS)
- Ability to prepare quantities from specifications and drawings
- Excellent understanding of health and safety practice
- Experienced in the setting up, use and understanding of the results from a Fluke
- Experience with the safe and correct use of ladders and other access equipment
- Experience with the correct and safe use of power tools
- Hold a CSCS/ECS skills card, designating your trade
- CNCI Copper qualified is a preference
- PASMA/IPAF certified is a preference
- English Language (written and verbal) to a GCSE level or equivalent as you should be able to demonstrate good communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face.
- No criminal record
- The typical working environment will be at customer sites, including building sites, retail shops, outdoor sites, educational and government sites