Job Title: Senior Project Engineer Based From: Site
Region Covered: Capital/UK Project Sites
Reports To: Senior Project Manager
The responsibilities of the Senior Project Engineer include providing leadership and support to ensure allocated projects are successfully delivered with financial monitoring and control, within the agreed contractual time frames while ensuring environmental, Health & Safety and Quality compliance are adhered to.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To be the lead point of contact for key customer contracts, anticipate customer needs, ensure customer deadlines are met and support the contract to ensure customer success and contractual compliance.
• Work effectively with Senior Project Manager to increase prospects when directed.
• Effectively Manage, Monitor and Support the project team.
• Effectively build and maintain internal key departmental contacts and stakeholder relationships to ensure positive outcomes and cross functional working at all times.
• Take ownership of the project delivery including implementing, monitoring and developing construction programmes and financial controls to ensure key project performance measurables are achieved.
• Management of Resources both direct and indirect to ensure programme compliance.
• Attend progress review meetings with external and internal customers and provide timely and corrective actions to ensure successful delivery of the project, budgets and to optimise customer relationships and protect the business.
• Ensure compliance with industry standards and codes of practice, company quality and compliance standards and customer SLA’s and take corrective action as appropriate.
• Lead by example to ensure compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental (HS&E) statutory and regulatory requirements, standards and codes of practice and company procedures.
• Planning and managing of direct employees, sub-contractors and supply chain.
• Commercial and Financial management including monthly applications, variations, contractual notices to both client, sub-contractors and supply chain.
• Produce and analyse project progress reports, updated costs and forecasts as and when the business and contractual requirements dictate.
• Monitor quality and continually explore improvements in company procedures, design and installation techniques and to provide regular feedback into the business.
• No job description can be entirely comprehensive, and the jobholder will be expected to adapt and carry out such other duties as may be required from time to time, on the understanding that they will be within the individual’s remit and capability, and consistent with the status and responsibilities of the role within the business.
• Project Management experience in construction or engineering including relationship management and negotiating contract terms and conditions.
• Sound commercial awareness and costing of projects and contracts.
• Extensive experience of managing teams and direct employee’s and sub-contractors.
• Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence, coach and mentor.
• Good knowledge and experience of contract law and able to administer NEC, JCT or Similar.
• Clear understanding of construction methods and sequencing. • Experience of resource planning and programme management.
• Clear understanding of construction Health and Safety requirements, including management of RAMS and sub-contractors.
• IOSH or SMSTS certified and holds current CSCS Card.
• Demonstrable experience of providing professional and appropriate verbal and written communications with both internal and external customers at all levels. |
• Experienced in achieving SLA’s, identifying gaps against standards, and implementing improvement solutions.
• Demonstrable experience in achieving performance targets and driving performance through utilising metrics.
• Demonstrable experience in providing strong leadership and leading by example.
• Solid experience in effectively organising and coordinating multiple priorities whilst achieving tight deadlines.
• Highly resilient, responsive and proactive, able to adapt to daily changes in workload and areas of focus.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail. • Sound problem solving skills and analytical thinking with demonstrable experience of delivering actions plans to resolve issues and remedy disputes.
• Proficient with Microsoft operating tools.
• Previous experience of working within Fire, Security or Data.
• Experience of Eque2 or other similar contract management software.
• Familiar with MS Project or other Programming Software
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
The physical environment requires the employee to work in office and construction site locations around the UK.
Construction site locations will involve both inside and outside working environments and the employee will frequently be required to use personal protective equipment.
The employee may be required to work nights, weekends and on public holidays and may be required to spend time away in order to fulfil the job role.
As part of the company’s compliance to The Health & Safety at Work Etc Act 1974, ISO9001 for Quality, ISO14001 for Environmental and ISO27001 for Information Technology, there are several key objectives that are issued each year upon management review that we expect all staff to work towards in order for the company to meet these objectives and include but are not limited to:
• Compliance to all legislative and British Standard requirements
• Compliance to associated accreditation bodies schemes from NSI, BAFE, LPCB, FIA and others as required
• Maximise customer satisfaction with the services provided
• Working to reduce, renew and recycle any waste on and off our sites including our offices
• Protect the environment and ensure use of toxic materials is avoided where possible
• Work to best safe practice and ensure actions do not cause harm unto themselves or others
• Employees will not tamper with any issued PPE or plant machinery that it may cause harm unto themselves or others
• Ensure all minimum training requirement are met in compliance with the relevant ISO standards
• Ensure that any Information Technology ‘incidents’ are effectively reported and resolved in a timely fashion (internally or externally)
• Maintain clear desk and screen at all times
• Compliance to ensure no deliberate breaches in security information and/ or systems