- To be the onsite lead for key customer site-based contacts, ensure customer deadlines are met and to support the Project Manager to ensure customer success and contractual compliance.
- To effectively Direct, Manage, Monitor and Support the installation teams to ensure compliance of all Safety, Quality and Programme Delivery matters.
- To effectively build and maintain internal key departmental contacts and stakeholder relationships to ensure positive outcomes and cross functional working at all times.
- To support the Project Manager to build and implement the Project Programme and associated reporting.
- To attend site-based meetings as required by clients with support from the Project Manager.
- To ensure compliance with industry standards and codes of practice, company quality and compliance standards and customer SLA’s and take corrective action as appropriate.
- To lead by example to ensure full compliance of Health & Safety and Environmental (HS&E) statutory and regulatory requirements, standards, codes of practice and company procedures.
- Support the Project Manager in managing with regard to Commercial and Financial management.
- To produce and analyse detailed information to allow project reports to be produced.
- To monitor quality and continually explore improvements in company procedures, design and installation techniques and to provide regular feedback into the business.
No job description can be entirely comprehensive, and the jobholder will be expected to adapt and carry out such other duties as may be required from time to time, on the understanding that they will be within the individual’s remit and capability, and consistent with the status and responsibilities of the role within the business.
- Site Management experience in construction or engineering including relationship management.
- An understanding of commercial elements of a project.
- Extensive experience of managing teams, direct employee’s and Sub-Contractors.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence.
- An understanding of contract law and able to support the Project Manager to administer contracts such as NEC and JCT or similar.
- Clear understanding of construction methods and sequencing.
- Experience of resource planning and programme management.
- Clear understanding of construction Health and Safety requirements, including management of RAMS and sub-contractors.
- SSSTS/SMSTS certified and holds current CSCS Card.
- Demonstrable experience of providing professional and appropriate verbal and written communications with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Experienced in achieving SLA’s, identifying gaps against standards, and implementing improvement solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in achieving performance targets and driving performance through utilising metrics.
- Demonstrable experience in providing strong leadership and leading by example.
- Solid experience in effectively organising and coordinating multiple priorities whilst achieving tight deadlines.
- Highly resilient, responsive and proactive, able to adapt to daily changes in workload and areas of focus.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Sound problem solving skills and analytical thinking with demonstrable experience of delivering actions plans to resolve issues and remedy disputes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience of working within Fire, Security, Data or Electrical Contracting.
- Educated to City and Guilds, NVQ3 or relevant industry experience.
- Familiar with MS Project or other Project Planning Software
- The physical environment requires the employee to work in office and construction site locations around the UK and may involve travel to Europe from time to time.
- Construction site locations will involve both inside and outside working environments and the employee will frequently be required to use personal protective equipment.
- The employee may be required to work nights, weekends and on public holidays and may be required to spend time away in order to fulfil the job role.