Due to the continued growth of contracts with clients such as Retail, Education, Commercial and Government an opportunity has arisen for an experienced data cabling engineer to join a knowledgeable and friendly engineering team. The appointed engineer will be responsible for all aspects of structured data cabling installations and associated services. Must be fully conversant with industry standards of all aspects of data cabling installation. Must be fully conversant with testing of installations. Must be able to support where required, fault finding and fixing in the event of test failures. Ability to read drawings and understand job packs issued detailing works to be undertaken.
Duties and Responsibilities
- On site installation, testing and termination of CAT 5e, 6 & 6a copper cabling, fibre & associated containment.
- Fault finding and rectification of issues on site, including proactive liaison with colleagues to find a solution.
- A team player who works well with others and supports lead engineers in delivering success.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Service Delivery Manager or Project Managers
No job description can be entirely comprehensive, and the jobholder will be expected to adapt and carry out such other duties as may be required from time to time, on the understanding that they will be within the individual’s remit and capability, and consistent with the status and responsibilities of the role within the business.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3 years of data cabling experience
- Ability to read architectural drawings
- Experience with the installation of CAT 5e, 6 and 6a and fibre
- Experience with Audio Visual equipment and installations
- Understanding of Integrated Reception System (IRS)
- Ability to prepare quantities from specifications and drawings
- Excellent understanding of health and safety practice
- Experienced in the setting up, use and understanding of the results from a Fluke DSX8000/5000 or similar test equipment
- Experience with the safe and correct use of ladders and other access equipment
- Experience with the correct and safe use of power tools
- Hold a CSCS/ECS skills card, designating your trade
- CNCI Copper qualified is a preference
- PASMA/IPAF certified is a preference
- English Language (written and verbal) to a GCSE level or equivalent as you should be able to demonstrate good communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face.
- No criminal record
- The typical working environment will be at customer sites, including building sites, retail shops, outdoor sites, educational and government sites
- The role requires that the candidate will be available to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays on request, some projects do go further afield so flexibility is required, as well as being able to stay away from home for projects