Job Description – Fire Systems Installation Engineer – Data-Centre
Location – Copenhagen, Denmark
Duration – 2-3 Year Project, 1st Phase of 6 months
Start Date – Mid-August, 2023
We’re looking for Fire System Installation Engineers to work on a long-term Data-Centre Fire Systems Installation Project in Copenhagen, Denmark. A valid EU Passport is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fire detection and Alarm System
- Voice Alarm System
- Public Address System
- Fire Telephone
- Aspirating detection system
- Gaseous Suppression Systems
- Secondary Containment is any Containment not shown on Containment Drawings
- Secondary containment includes, but is no limited to Cable Tray, Cable Basket, Trunking or Conduit
- The Secondary Containment finish will be suited to match the primary installation and specification requirements
- Secondary Containment includes all fixings, supports, cable clips, purlin clips, Unistrut, bracketry, backboxes, conduit boxes, conduit accessories, covers, and junction boxes as required
- Valid EU Passport
- At least 3 years’ experience working within the Electrical or Fire Systems Industry
- EAL Level 2 or 3
- Experience with Honeywell Fire Systems
- 17th or 18th Electrical Edition is ideal
- JIB Approved
- Hold a ECS skills card, designating their trade.
- PASMA/IPAF Certified is a preference
- SSSTS or SMSTS is a preference
- Asbestos Awareness certified
- Manual Handling & Working at Heights Certified
- Will have the ability to read architectural drawings.
- Will have experience in the installation of structured cabling systems
- An excellent understanding of health and safety practice
- Experienced in the safe and correct use of ladders and other access equipment.
- Experienced at the correct and safe use of power tools.
- English Language (written and verbal) and mathematics to a GCSE level or equivalent.
- Should be able to demonstrate good communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face.
- No criminal record
The working environment will be a Data Centre. The role requires that the candidate will be willing to work away from home, over weekends and bank holidays on request. Working hours would typically be 10 hours per day, 5-7 days per week (may be requested to work on weekends)